Saturday 16th September 2017
Emirates FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
Kick off: 3pm
Venue: Princes Park
Attendance: 652
Current Form:

Opponent 7'

Ollie Bowles

Timi Abiola 75'

Akwasi Marfo 69'

Steve Willis

Tiob Adeyemi

Brian Okwera

Theo Ola

Abs Seymour

Jay Knight 66'

Kreshnic Krasniqi (C)

Alan Taylor

Will Putt

Goldy Capela 66'

Gabriel Adelowo

Dan Gilchrist 75'

Darius Izukanne

Ben O'Brien 69'

Hussain Jaffa

Abs Seymour

Dartford 3
Barking 1


Barking were knocked out of the FA Cup as they fell to Vanarama South Dartford FC on a sunny day at Princes Park. The Blues took an unlikely lead early on thanks to an own goal but Elliot Bradbrook stole the show with a hat trick which consisted of two penalties which caused a degree of controversy.

Both sides were feeling each other out but it was the Blues who took an surprising early lead after seven minutes as a Dartford defender failed to deal with a low Kreshnic Krasniqi corner and it rebounded off ‘keeper Derren Ibrahim and found the net for a own goal. Barking were arguably the better team until the 25th minute when Dartford found their equaliser, Ollie Bowles was adjudged to have fouled the striker as he attempted to run through onto a through ball and penalty was awarded. Elliot Bradbrook stepped up and smacked a penalty down the middle, off the underside of the bar and in. Bradbrook nearly had his second minutes later as he left Bowles panicking with a cross/shot but the ball was wide of the target. Bradbrook did have his second after 33 minutes, as a corner to the far post was headed back across goal where it found him who volleyed home despite the best effort of Bowles who attempted to claw the ball back from over the line.

Barking started the second half on the front foot with two early chances – firstly Alan Taylor saw his powerful attempt deflected into the hands of Ibrahim then Taylor turned provider for Jay Knight but his flicked header was over the bar. The 62nd minute saw another controversial penalty given, a Dartford counter found Akwasi Marfo chasing down an attacker – his tackle from the side seemed to win the ball first but the referee gave a penalty – despite the linesman who had the better angle keeping his flag down. This didn’t matter to Dartford as Bradbrook stepped up to send Bowles the wrong way and double their lead. Bowles made a high diving catch from a floating header minutes later.

With the match entering the final twenty minutes Barking pushed forward and were nearly punished on the counter attack but the Dartford attacker dragged his shot wide. Barking kept pushing on and had two late chances – a foul on Krasniqi saw Taylor step up to take a free kick which skimmed the bar. five minutes later and Dan Gilchrist crossed low from the left wing to Goldy Capela in the box but his scuffed shot was tipped over the bar by Ibrahim.

Barking pushed forward but Dartford stood tall and saw out the rest of the game. They perhaps deserved victory with the control they exerted over the game but they went through periods they looked unconvincing and had two penalties which may not have gone their way on different days.

Report source: Trevor Gilbert/Barking FC

Please note that the opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, nor should be attributed to Barking Football Club.



Dartford FC v Barking FC - Saturday September 16th 2017


Our goal scored by an opponent

Elliott Bradbrook equalises for Dartford from the spot

Elliott Bradbrook makes it 3-1 to Dartford again from the spot

Videos courtesy of Ashley Hanson

More goals and highlights on our YouTube channel

More goals and highlights at our YouTube channel

About Us

Barking Football Club established 1880. Who play at Mayesbrook Park and formerly at the Vicarage Field.

Terms of Use


Where are we

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    0203 244 0069
  • Address:
    Mayesbrook Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2JR