Saturday 23rd September 2017
Bostik League North
Kick off: 3pm
Venue: Aldiss Park
Attendance: 122
Current Form:

Alan Taylor 47

Jay Knight 54'

Goldy Capela 90+3'

Ollie Bowles

Timi Abiola 73'

Akwasi Marfo

Steve Willis

Tiob Adeyemi

Brian Okwera

Theo Ola

Dan Gilchrist

Jay Knight 61'

Kreshnic Krasniqi (C)

Alan Taylor 68'

Will Putt

Goldy Capela 68'

Sam Shaban 61'

Kwabena Asamoah 73'

Ricky Tarbard

Dereham Town 3
Barking 3


A last gasp goal by Goldy Capela grabbed Barking a point in a pulsating 3-3 tie away to Dereham. The Blues found themselves two nil down at half time despite dominating the play – an early goal by Alan Taylor was cancelled out shortly afterwards but goals by Jay Knight and Capela ensured the Blues wouldn’t leave totally disappointed.

The first chance fell to Barking after six minutes as Kreshnic Krasniqi’s long throw was headed on by Jay Knight but Dan Gilchrist’s header was off target. Dereham took the lead two minutes later from their first attack as the striker found himself through on goal, his powerful effort was well saved by Bowles but the rebound fell immediately to him and he knocked the ball towards goal where it found Ashley Jarvis who simply couldn’t miss from a yard out. Knight saw his shot saved by the Dereham goalkeeper after 22 minutes and they doubled their lead four minutes later as Akwasi Marfo lost the ball on the left wing in the Barking half and the winger charged down the line before driving the ball across goal where it found Jarvis for his and Dereham’s second. Barking had the majority of possession and had some late chances in the first half – both falling to Dan Gilchrist. Firstly his low shot was too close the goalkeeper and just before the half time whistle a cross from Alan Taylor was headed down in the box by Knight – Theo Ola saw his shot blocked with the ball falling to Gilchrist but his attempt was well smothered by the goalkeeper.

Barking got their reward for the good play in the game so far after 47 minutes – Jay Knight found himself through on goal on the left wing of the box, he cut inside to shoot on his stronger foot but smacked the crossbar – luckily the ball fell at the feet of Alan Taylor who prodded the ball home. The deficit was doubled two minutes later as Barking’s attempt to take a quick fire corner backfired and with players caught in no man’s land Joe Gatting found himself through on goal and with time to compose himself fire across Bowles into the bottom right corner of the net. The goal flurry continued and the score was 3-2 after 54 minutes as Gilchrist’s through ball let Jay Knight free on goal – he comfortably rounded the Dereham goalkeeper before slotting home. Barking struggled to capitalise on the momentum however and it was Dereham who had the next best chance as they forced Bowles into a good save at his near post after 66 minutes. It took until the 80th minute for the next Barking chance, substitute and debutant Sam Shaban latched onto a long ball but his bobbling shot was too close the goalkeeper. Dereham had the chance to end all hope as the game entered injury time but a powerful free kick could only be flicked into the hands of Bowles.

Nana Asamoah and Goldy Capela missed late chances but it was Goldy who had the final say as a cross from Theo Ola was cleared out to Krasniqi who had time to whip a cross into the box were it found Goldy Capela who guided a header from the penalty spot home to give Barking a last-gasp equaliser.

Report source: Trevor Gilbert/Barking FC

Please note that the opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, nor should be attributed to Barking Football Club.


Dereham Town FC v Barking FC - Saturday September 23rd 2017


Our first goal scored by Alan Taylor

Our second goal scored by Jay Knight

Our third goal scored by Goldy Capela

Match highlights

Videos courtesy of Ashley Hanson

More goals and highlights on our YouTube channel

More goals and highlights at our YouTube channel

About Us

Barking Football Club established 1880. Who play at Mayesbrook Park and formerly at the Vicarage Field.

Terms of Use


Where are we

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    0203 244 0069
  • Address:
    Mayesbrook Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2JR