Monday 19th August 2017
Bostik League North
Kick off: 7:45pm
Venue: Coles Park
Attendance: 188
Current Form:

Alan Taylor 25'

Ollie Bowles

Ricky Tarbard

Akwasi Marfo

Steve Willis

Danny Fitzsimons

Ben O'Brien (C)

Goldy Capela 66'

Abs Seymour 94'

Billy Jones

Theo Ola

Alan Taylor 85'

Will Putt

Taylor Tombides 66'

Dan Gilchrist 85'

Timi Abiola 94'

Max Watters

Haringey Borough 1
Barking 1


Barking and Haringey Borough fought to a 1-1 draw in an exciting fast paced Monday night fixture at Coles Park. Barking opened the scoring through Alan Taylor in the first half before Haringey equalised in the 75th minute thanks to Scott Mitchell – despite the sending of Jorge Dtassi-Sambu after 57 minutes.

The first two chances fell to Barking in the first 15 minutes – first they saw a dangerous free kick won by Goldy Capela on his first start blocked before Alan Taylor dragged a shot from the edge of the box wide after some nice Barking football. The 22nd minute saw a Haringey attack down the left wing – the ball was squared to a striker but Ricky Tarbard was aware to block a certain goal – the ball was cleared for a counter attack which saw Capela fouled again. Billy Jones saw his free kick blocked but the Blues kept up the pressure and Akwasi Marfo found Alan Taylor in space on the left wing – he cut inside before curling the ball across the goalkeeper and into the right corner of the net to give Barking their first lead of the season. Billy Jones was denied by the goalkeeper after 34 minutes after good work by Capela to win the ball in the box but it was Haringey who ended the half the strongest with three late chances – they saw two chances clear the bar before a far post header from a corner went wide.

The second half started like the first finished with Haringey on the front foot – the scores should have been level within the first five minutes a corner to the far post was headed back across goal but from close range the ball was poked over the bar. Haringey’s job seemed to have got harder after 57 minutes as Jorge Dtassi-Sambu received his marching orders for two yellow cards in the space of 30 seconds. First, he received a caution for his part in the mini handbags that ensued after a Billy Jones foul. From the resulting free kick, he jumped for the ball with Ben O’Brien but lead with an elbow which made contact and the referee decided that Dtassi-Sambu should receive his second yellow. Taylor Tombides made his Barking debut as he prodded a shot over the bar but the red card seemed to benefit Haringey as they threw caution to the wind and were rewarded after 71 minutes as a cross from the left wing was punched away by Ollie Bowles but landed at the feet of Scott Mitchell who powered a volley home to level the scores. The game then took place in breakneck speed and it was Haringey who went closest first after 77 minutes as dangerous substitute Michael Ademayui jinked his was way into space before launching a missile which smacked the underside of the bar and bounced on but not over the line to Barking’s relief. As the game entered the 80th minute there was a chance for Barking after good interplay between Jones and Ola but the shot was driven straight at Pajetet in goal. Haringey countered and Bowles had to be quick off his line to smother a shot. The next two minutes saw the goalkeepers again alternate saves but it was Haringey who again went closest in the 85th minute as Abs Seymour lost the ball near the Barking box – the Haringey winger cut in past the Barking defenders but smacked his shot into the side netting.

The frenetic pace slowed after this chance – with both sides reluctantly accepting a draw but there was still time for one more exchange of chances in stoppage time – a dangerous Haringey corner evaded everyone and was finally headed away by Steve Willis giving Ola the chance to run at the defence but he couldn’t find a route to goal. It looked like Haringey might have had one final chance but some brave Barking blocks stopped any shots from troubling Bowles. The whistle blew with both sides feeling they could have taken all three but both had to settle for one.

Report source: Trevor Gilbert/Barking FC

Please note that the opinions expressed in this report are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, nor should be attributed to Barking Football Club.



Alan Taylor puts us ahead

Scott Mitchell equalises for Haringey

Videos courtesy of Ashley Hanson

More goals and highlights on our YouTube channel

More goals and highlights at our YouTube channel

About Us

Barking Football Club established 1880. Who play at Mayesbrook Park and formerly at the Vicarage Field.

Terms of Use


Where are we

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    0203 244 0069
  • Address:
    Mayesbrook Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2JR