On The Road: Bowers & Pitsea FC

Bowers & Pitsea FC

Brief History
Bowers And Pitsea were initially founded by Bert Salmon in 1946 as Bowers United, Playing in the Thurrock and Thameside Combination until 1966, When they became one of the founding members of the Essex Olympian League. In 2004, They absorbed Pitsea Football Club adopting their current name of Bowers And Pitsea. In recent years, Bowers and Pitsea have reached new heights, gaining promotion to the Isthmian League North whilst also reaching the semi-finals of the FA Vase, Losing 4-3 on aggregate to eventual winners Morpeth Town.

Last Season
The 2017-18 season was a rollercoaster season for Bowers & Pitsea, eventually finishing the season in third place and in play off position. Despite their strong season, they were overcome in the semi-finals of the playoff by Canvey Island and will look to bounce back and achieve promotion this season.

Last Meeting
We last faced Bowers and Pitsea back in March when we welcomed them to Mayesbrook Park. Goals from Billy Jones and Albert Levett were enough to see the Blue’s secure all three points. We look forward to welcoming Bowers and Pitsea back to Mayesbrook this season. Our complete senior record against Bowers & Pitsea is P27 W18 D4 L5 F53 A31.

Stadium
Bowers and Pitsea were originally based at what has now become Pitsea Market, before Moving to Gun Meadow. Following the construction of the A13, Gun Meadow was served with a compulsory purchase order, forcing Bowers and Pitsea to relocate to their current home on Crown Avenue. Crown Avenue currently has a capacity of 2,000, of which 200 is seated and 1,000 covered. More information can be found here.

 

About Us

Barking Football Club established 1880. Who play at Mayesbrook Park and formerly at the Vicarage Field.

Terms of Use
Sitemap

 

Where are we

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    0203 244 0069
  • Address:
    Mayesbrook Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2JR