On The Road: Bury Town FC

Bury Town FC

Brief History
Bury Town is a club draped in history, initially founded in 1872 under the name of Bury St Edmonds FC, Bury competed in a variety of league in and around the Suffolk area. In more recent times, Bury have enjoyed a large spell of success, winning promotion to the Isthmian Premier Division in the 2009/10 season, breaking the 100 point mark in the process. Following promotion, Bury found themselves in contention for the league title up until the last month of the season, losing to eventual title winners Sutton United. Bury finished third and entered the playoffs, unfortunately they exited the playoffs at the semi-final stage and remained in the Premier Division for the 2011/12 season. Once again, they tasted success, winning the Isthmian League cup, and clinching a playoff place once again. Unfortunately they once again suffered defeat at the semi-final stage, losing to AFC Hornchurch. After finishing bottom of the Premier Division in the 2014/15 season, they found themselves relegated to the North Division, where they currently reside.

Last Season
Bury suffered a poor start to the season, winning only one of their first four games. Despite claiming massive wins over Tilbury and Hertford Town, a lack of consistency cost them in their quest for promotion, they finished the season in a respectable ninth position and will look to build on this and be a serious promotion contender this time around.

Last Meeting
Our last meeting with Bury Town saw us welcome them to Mayesbrook Park where a crowd of 91 saw us leave with all three points. First half goals from Adem Ramadan and Abs Seymour, followed up by a third from Kemo Darboe in the second half consigned Bury Town to defeat, despite an 89th minute consolation from Tommy Robinson.Our complete senior record against Brentwood Town is P2 W1 D1 L0 F3 A1.

Stadium
Bury Town took up residence at Kings Road in 1888, They remained there until 1976 and were the first team in East Anglia to operate a floodlit stadium. After a year groundsharing during the 1976/77 season, they made the move to Ram Meadow where they still reside today. Ram Meadow boasts a capacity of 3,500, with all four stands providing cover for spectators with 350 seats also available. More information can be found here.

 

About Us

Barking Football Club established 1880. Who play at Mayesbrook Park and formerly at the Vicarage Field.

Terms of Use
Sitemap

 

Where are we

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    0203 244 0069
  • Address:
    Mayesbrook Park, Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2JR